This interactive and engaging course will equip you with the key knowledge, practical skills and confidence to encourage and support adults to stop smoking. Through experiential learning, participants will have the opportunity to take part in dynamic and fun activities that can be adapted and tailored to suit the needs of the smokers they work with.
To gain knowledge and understanding of the quitting process and acquire skills in encouraging and supporting people to quit.
- Understand nicotine addiction
- Understand how motivation influences quit attempts
- Describe a range of withdrawal symptoms and identify appropriate coping strategies to remain smokefree
- Gain knowledge and skills in the use of a carbon monoxide monitor
- Recognise the benefits of quitting smoking
- Understand the process of stopping smoking and discover how to appropriately support a smoker to quit
- Create and implement a smoking cessation plan
- Know where to signpost people for further support to stop smoking
Working in partnership with YMCA Community College, our training course is accredited through the independent awarding organisation Agored Cymru. This training unit will include one full day face-to-face training and additional home study (approximately 4 hours).
The trainers were down to earth and facilitated the group well